Free Website Counter

Accident on a friday morning

Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 by johnybravo at 11:42 am



Was driving to work as usual but this time i had to take a different route coz i had to drop my mom off somewhere near PUDU. So i was along Jalan Gereja waiting at the traffic light.

There was a traffic policeman directing the traffic along Jalan Raja Chulan, the traffic police was not visible to me coz the car on my right was blocking my view, so when the light turned green and i turned left, i suddenly saw the traffic police and a car was coming towards my way very fast so i pressed the brakes. The traffic police was allowing the cars on the right to go right through.

In a split second suddenly i felt a *bump*, i instantly knew that i was bang from the back. I looked at my rear mirror and it was just my luck! The car was just serviced yesterday and today it gets hit from behind!

So the both of us parked our cars in a taxi stand and got out to check the damages. The bottom left of my bumper was hit and there is a small crack and the bumper is jutting out a but but it wasn't that serious. From my pass experiences, this sort of damages although looking minor and inexpensive, it can cost you up to RM400++, moulding the fiberglass bumper and respraying it is not cheap these days.

We quickly exchanged details and he said to let him know the bill when its fixed. Later after an hour or two since the accident i called him up to settled it there and then, coz it very troublesome to schedule to meet up and go to a workshop to estimate the cost of the damages. He was working near my office, so i met up with him at his office. I reasoned with him that if he didnt have the time and wanted to wait for the bill, we my as well go to the police station to report the accident which in return he would be fined RM300 for hitting my car from behind and i would claim his insurance which would be another headache to him!

He then realized how much trouble it was and i`m on the loosing end actually, coz i just ask him to reimburse me RM300 and i would have to cover the rest of the cost if it was not enough. So he gave me a bankers cheque as a proof of payment and i was off on my way back to work. It was really a quick and peaceful resolution, thank goodness. So much for being a relaxing friday.

____________________
|      |




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home