Free Website Counter

Project update - OrenSixGrillz™ (Part I)

Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 by johnybravo at 12:58 am



I was surfing around and came upon this website - ACRYAN and i found a very nice looking grill, they call it RadGrillz(water cooling stuff).


The fan grill that i had already made will be replaced with this look-a-like grill instead.



Due to my lack of tools(DREMEL) i knew i couldnt make the exact same grill from one whole piece of acrylic or sheet aluminium(well maybe i could but it would take forever). I decided to create my very own OrenSixGrillz.



I downloaded the RadGrillz-Template-1x120_A4.pdf / 24KB and printed it out on a piece of A4 paper & paste it on a piece of cardboard and cut the unwanted parts out. There even are markings for the screw holes.



There are 3 parts to this OrenSixGrillz - The top acrylic, the center wire mesh and the bottom acrylic grillz. I cut two pieces of acrylic with the template design on it. I added the grill measurements on to the other acrylic piece.



Next i measured the acrylic piece onto the wire mesh that i had dismantled.



I was tempted to use my hobby cutter again but knew i would have a hard time cutting a straight line with it, so i used the old bend and press and bend and press method.



And what do you know, it worked like a charm. The wire mesh just snapped off.




The other sides were bent and snapped off.


Stay tuned for more updates...

____________________
|      |




2 Comments:

Blogger izso said...

somehow I've never imagined you to be a computer type of person. But you're doing a pretty good job so far.

Poor poor folder holder.

10/11/06 1:22 pm

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

I still am not a computer type of person! This is more to industrial work man! hehehe.

My only knowledge of computing is how to install the OS and the drivers i need! Anything else - don't know... heheh

10/11/06 2:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home