Free Website Counter

KLIM 2008

Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 by johnybravo at 8:22 pm



Recap from previous KLIM 2006 - KLIM stands for Kuala Lumpur International Marathon.

Two years later i finally participated in this Marathon!

I took two weeks to train and prepare which wasn't really enough but what the heck.

Paid my early bird fees and got my number which must be pinned on the FRONT of your t-shirt.


I thought i had a good start but going slightly faster in the beginning is not the way to go... so i wasted some time resting and only came in at about 1 hour and 5 mins. Could have done better. So no medal but only a certificate of completion. Well i guess i am happy that i manage to finish my first 10km marathon, my virgin marathon.



While i was running, it was a mental game all the way. I didn't even care who was beside or in-front of me. I mentally blocked everyone out just to focus on keeping my pace consistent and making sure i came in before times up.

Even the smell of freshly cooked maggi mee goreng and curry did not put my determination down to complete the 10km run i have put myself into. Having an mp3 player really helps to keep out noises surrounding you which can really be distracting at times. Having said that it can also irritated the hell out of you as you are getting tired and tired and mentally low. Your body wants to rebel against your head and you just wanna throw the damn mp3 player at one point, the music just doesn't sound like music anymore, hahaha.

Anyway, i`m glad that i manage to finish the race within qualifying time and without any injuries what so ever. Now is time for ZERO WEEK(recuperating) and a good massage.

Till the next marathon, stay healthy people.

____________________
|      |




8 Comments:

Blogger coconino said...

nice! congratulations for completing the marathon, something that i will never put myself to do in this lifetime.

i always like hearing my friends story abt their journey in the last few miles to the finish line, there are ppl who hallucinate, cry and pee their pants on those hardest miles. hhehehe

1/4/08 11:27 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tricked me. I thought it was about KL International Motorshow! What lah!

3/4/08 9:56 am

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

Sorry to disappoint you but that one is KLIMS got and additional alphabet at the end... hahaha.

When is this years KLIMS 2008? Give me the date and i`ll go cover the event...

3/4/08 12:03 pm

 
Blogger izso said...

What was the KLIM for? Any chartiable cause?

4/4/08 6:14 am

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

Its a yearly marathon event, like the Boston Marathon, i don't think its linked with any charitable organization... no charity for this marathon...

4/4/08 9:16 am

 
Blogger Brian Lim said...

hey, nice to know you are doing this. we will keep an eye on the news for ppl who fainted. Don't wish to see you in the news, haha :)

7/4/08 9:05 pm

 
Blogger izso said...

Dude, how was kuantan? bumped into Lyn at the curve paying for your speeding summons.. haha!

21/4/08 6:17 am

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

kuantan is hot hot hot hot....

21/4/08 9:29 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home