Free Website Counter

Sg. Chilling revisited

Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 by johnybravo at 10:50 pm



I have not been to Sg. Chilling in a while, in fact i can't even remember when was the last time i came here. Maybe it was a year ago... This place has definitely changed.

It is now a "Sanctuary Ikan" and is much more protected than it was back then. This sanctuary is to help preserve the fishes from decreasing... So everyone who hikes in has to do their bit to bring their garbage back out and not litter the place...

It is definitely cleaner and nicer to hike in now. They have made a dedicated campsite at the beginning of the the trail and even built a small suspension bridge.

It started out as a nice early morning hike to Sg. Chilling. When we got there, it was empty and like a getaway haven. Fortunately we went early and not any later. Cause by the time it was 12pm and time for me to go, there was at least 60 other ppl arriving at Sg. Chilling. So i would say, it was over crowded.

It rained heavily one hour after i left, so i would consider myself fortunate yet again. Here are some of the pictures taken, enjoy...












____________________
|      |




5 Comments:

Blogger izso said...

You went there yourself? eh.. ajak la people. :P Like me.

And did you have to use a CPL filter for that silky water effect pic?

And man.. those orange crocs are a major er.. imagine me scrolling down that pic bit by bit.. then suddenly orange crocs... haha!

15/10/07 3:08 am

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

I tot you wanted to be safe and avoid all outdoor activities cause you're getting married soon!

Whats wrong with the red crocs? They are very comfortable to wear for a trip like Chilling...

We can always go again in the following weekends...

15/10/07 9:00 am

 
Blogger izso said...

Red? I thought they looked orange. And I got the opposite of yours, black crocs with red straps. My sole is kinda flat already, so I don't think I'd want to wear them to a hike.

And *sigh*.. yes avoid outdoor activity blah blah blah. I'm gonna try to go rock climbing. Indoors what.

You brought those little toys just so you could take their pics?

And what did you do to get that silky water effect la?

17/10/07 6:23 am

 
Blogger johnybravo said...

I saw your crocs before lah.....

Rock climbing indoors injury higher lah i think... compared to going hiking outdoors... hahaha

Yes i brought those toys to take pictures... why else would i bring it there? for deco? :P

Silky water effect - its called manual settings.... most compact cameras have manual settings these days....

17/10/07 8:52 am

 
Blogger izso said...

The problem is I tried manual settings and I couldn't get the aperture and timing settings right. If I set the shutter speed too long, too much light will go in and the picture becomes too bright. I think its something to do with my aperture, not low enough.

18/10/07 6:29 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home